Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teaching Resources-The Seder Plate

As part of my teaching on Exodus I talk about the Passover and have blogged on the resources I have used here.

One thing I always wanted was a Seder plate to bring into class (and here I include second and third level teaching) so that I can show my students. Now Seder plates are not the easiest thing to pick up in Ireland and any ones I found were very beautiful but prohibitively expensive for my salary (or lack of). The same with online as postage on a large ceramic plate from the US to Ireland always made it difficult-that was until I found ChocolateGelt and their Plastic Seder Plates for a mere €2.25 each. (Glet is slang for money)



They offer very reasonable shipping-here’s the copy from my invoice for shipping to Ireland

Products
------------------------------------------------------
2 x Plastic Seder Plate Jerusalem (EACH) (Item #1237) = $5.50
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $5.50
United States Postal Service (1 x 0.78lbs) (First-Class Mail International Package): $9.04
Total: $14.54

They arrived super fast too-though it gave my Dad something to puzzle over and he was very disappointed that there was no chocolate in the massive box that arrived for me!

I only wish I’d ordered some Chocolate Seder Plates at the same time :)

Some more resources since I last blogged:
 
The Virtual Seder Plate
How to Prepare the Seder Plate
Guide for Jewish Children: Contains Hebrew but also lots of bright and colourful illustrations that can be used in an Irish classroom
Colouring Page
BBC activities for the Passover (with info on the Seder Plate) Note the videos are only available in the UK.
Make your own Seder Plate (young children)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Technical resources on seder plate are worth reading. Thanks for the post


    Thanks,
    Jenelia

    ReplyDelete